Marshall Area Technical & Educational Center
"Where opportunity begins."
MATEC is an alternative learning center for students in grades 9-12 who have not experienced success within the traditional school program. Students up to age 21 have access to a comprehensive array of services to help them earn a high school diploma. We also offer technical training and dual credit opportunities through Minnesota West Community & Technical College. Students can qualify to participate in our Certified Nursing Assistant program.
The reason we are here is to provide students with a customized learning experience, a flexible learning environment, and opportunities that will lead to success in life.
We want to support students in identifying and achieving their educational and personal goals.
Core Values: We believe in...
- giving students an alternative educational setting to recognize their potential.
- celebrating student successes.
- providing support for students as they make their own transitions.
- providing flexibility to meet the individual needs of each student.
Goals: We want to...
- engage students in learning.
- improve student performance.
- continue the educational progress of each student.
- create self-sufficient adults.
- build positive rapport with the students.