HOW TO FIND SUCCESS IN READING CLASS
You will need to meet these literacy standards:
- I can comprehend the books that I read.
- I can read at grade level.
- I can set and meet an AR goal.
- I can select my own books.
How do I meet these standards and how do I know if I have met them or not?
Your report card will have a 3, 2, or 1 next to the following statements:
- I can comprehend the books that I read. Your average percent correct on your AR (Accelerated Reader) test scores needs to be 80% or higher. The books you read need to be within your ZPD (Zone of Proximal Development) range unless approved by your teacher.
- I can read at grade level. This portion of your grade is based on the STAR Reading test grade equivalent score.
- I can set and meet an AR goal. You can set and meet a reasonable AR goal based on your STAR Reading score and the number of daily reading minutes.
- I can select my own books. You can go to the library and choose books that are within your ZPD, you can understand, and that you would like to read.
2= Partially Meets Standard
1=Does Not Meet Standard
Last Modified on November 14, 2017