Program OverviewAcademic Support Program is here to help your middle school child. The program now runs 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade with the respective teachers: Mr. Bertrand-Cyr (a.k.a. "Mr. B"), Beth Roelfsema and Emily Peters. We are here to provide academic support and to make connections with our students in order to develop important life skills, character, and of course beneficial study habits and positive learning behaviors.
Program MissionThe mission of the Academic Support is to provide help, work with, and ensure academic and interpersonal success. The Academic Support staff works with students, parents, teachers, and staff of the Marshall Middle School to address specific needs of the middle school students.
Components of the Academic Support ProgramAcademic Achievement
o Reading/Language Arts
· Reading Accurately/Reading Fluency
· Vocabulary Skills and Spelling
· The Writing Process
· Proficiency in the four basic Math operations
· Competency in Decimals and Fractions
· Competency in Ratios, Proportions, and Percents
· Proficiency in Algebraic operations
o Time Management
o Homework and Test-taking Strategies
o Positive Peer Interactions
o Belief in Self