Park Side and Southview students have an opportunity to participate in the Marshall Area YMCA afterschool program for youth grades K-4!
This program will run Monday through Friday from 3pm-6pm and is held at the YMCA. It is a wonderful opportunity for your child as an extension of their school day while incorporating character development and the core values of the YMCA – Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
Safety, education, and fun are our priorities and this program will deliver it all.
· We exceed state licensing guidelines for staff to child ratios.
· All staff undergo background checks prior to being hired.
· Staff is CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certified and they receive Blood borne Pathogen training each year.
· All staff are trained in Child Abuse Prevention. We incorporate very strict sign in and sign out policies.
· Staff are trained in Emergency Procedures and School Crisis Procedures.
· Lesson plans are based off of the child’s school day.
· Daily activities will include elements of homework help; literacy; math, science, and technology; character development of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility; music; arts & humanities; social competency and conflict resolution; and health & wellness.
· Staff will have direct contact with school personnel in order to give your child the help and enrichment that they deserve.
· Social interaction and games that build lasting memories!
The Marshall Area YMCA and Marshall Elementary Schools, working together to strengthen the foundation of our community through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Our Afterschool Child Care Program provides safe, productive, & creative activities for elementary school youth during after school hours!